Skip to main content

Featured Posts

Steak Recipe - How To Make Steak Tender

Steak Recipe - How To Make Steak Tender   You invest a lot of time and money into the steaks for a special occasion and when dinner time comes, they are tough. What happened? How can you cook steaks as tender as your favorite restaurant? The first step to cooking a good steak is to choose the right grade of steak. The top quality beef is graded USDA Prime and commands top prices. USDA Prime grade meats are sold to the restaurant industry and specialty markets and are not as likely to be found at your local grocery chain. The next grade of beef is USDA Choice. USDA Choice is tender, flavorful and only slightly lower in quality than USDA Prime. The meat is well marbled with fat and will be tender and juicy when properly prepared. USDA Choice makes up about 70% of all graded beef and is readily available in your supermarket. USDA Good graded beef is an acceptable grade of beef that has only minimal marbling of fat. It is leaner, but may not be as tender as USDA Prime or Choice. Next, ...

Why is It I Can Never Think Of Anything “Good” To Make For Supper?


Why is It I Can Never Think Of Anything “Good” To Make For Supper? 


Why is It I Can Never Think Of Anything “Good” To Make For Supper?



Why is It I Can Never Think Of Anything “Good” To Make For Supper?

Okay, now I need to ask do you find yourself making the same meals over and over and over? It seems like I get in a rut and fix the same foods on a rotating scale. Granted I have picky eaters in my family but not that picky.

I decided to do something about it. After reflecting on it for awhile I discovered the biggest problem with cooking supper was deciding what to make so I got out a notebook and started writing down meal ideas complete with side dishes. I even asked friends and family occasionally what they were having for dinner to get more ideas.

I had my daughter give me ideas too for her favorite meal choices and side dishes. She did a good job of coming up with things I hadn’t even made in a long time. I found that asking her when she was hungry seemed to help her creative juices come up with more ideas.

Now each week I have my little notebook of meal ideas and I decide on 8 of them and go shopping for the ingredients to make them. I then make a list and put it on the board of the 8 different menu choices and cross them off as I make them.

At the end of the week there is always one meal left over, I often find I didn’t make it because someone doesn’t like it much or it takes too long to prepare. I then make a little note in my notebook saying cook this when so and so won’t be home, or only put this on the supper list when you know you have time to make it.

I find I don’t dread cooking supper nearly as much, I have eliminated the quick run to the grocery store before making supper, and have made my life much simpler when it comes to cooking supper.

Comments

Popular Articles

Iced Coffee - How To Make Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee - How To Make Iced Coffee 4 Easy Tips for Making Iced Coffee Drinks at Home A big chill is sweeping the coffee industry as iced coffee beverages gain popularity. According to the National Coffee Association, the percentage of Americans who drink iced coffee beverages increased from 20 percent in 2003 to 29 percent in 2004. Following the popularity of cappuccinos and mocha lattes, consumers are discovering that coffee is just as tasty – and even more refreshing – when served cold. Iced coffee can be as easy to prepare as iced tea. A variety of options, such as flavoring syrups, cold milk, chocolate and spices, allow you to create personalized coffee concoctions that are just as delicious as those served in your favorite cafe. Beverages such as iced vanilla mocha, iced rum coffee and iced latte are easy to make at home. Here are some tips for refreshing iced coffee drinks. * Pour the flavoring syrup into the cup first. To complete the drink, pour in espresso or coffee, then ...

Propane Tank : Hi Tech Propane Tank For Gas Grill

Propane Tank : Hi Tech Propane Tank For Gas Grill   Propane tanks used to be included in the purchase of a gas grill. Not anymore. As a result, propane tanks have gone high-tech, and you may want to pay attention when shopping for a new cylinder. One of the new tanks on the market now actually lets you see the level of gas left in it. The Lite Cylinder is made from a translucent composite material that makes it easy to see how much liquid propane (LP) is remaining in the tank–which means there’s no longer an excuse for running out of gas while hungry diners wait in frustration for dinner to finish cooking. Another big difference is that the 20-pound LP cylinder weighs about 30 percent less than a traditional steel cylinder. The casing around the tank is made from molded plastic, which also contributes to the decreased weight. With many more women barbecuing today and millions of aging baby boomers still barbecuing, this lighter cylinder is sure to be popular. The casing is offered ...

Tuna Steak : Tuna Steak For A Simple And Healthy Gourmet

Tuna Steak : Tuna Steak For A Simple And Healthy Gourmet Meal   Looking for a delicious and simple way to grill up that fresh tuna steak that you just caught or bought from the local seafood market? Grilled tuna steak is a delightful and exciting entree for any special meal. There are various methods to spice up and flavor your catch, but today we want to talk about a popular method using wasabi powder. This unique spice is being used by many top chefs to add a special flare and flavouring to the tuna. Assemble the following recipe ingredients : Tuna steaks , cut to a thickness of 3/4 inch to 1 or 1/2 inch each ( your preference ) 1.  4 to 6 ounces of butter 2.  1 cup of teriyaki marinade 3.  1 tablespoon of wasabi powder 4.  2 chopped green onions 5.  1 tablespoon of olive oil, peanut oil, or           vegetable oil 6.  salt and pepper to taste Get started by marinating the tuna in the teriyaki marinade. Place the tuna in...